Law school has rightly been regarded as one of the most difficult graduate programs to pursue for a number of reasons. Aside from the sheer amount of work that needs to be done and studied, you’re constantly surrounded by incredibly intelligent and ambitious people that are willing to go above and beyond to guarantee their longevity within their field. Law is a tough field to enter, but it is an incredibly rewarding field once you’ve gotten through the schooling portion. With that in mind, here are the top 5 law schools in the country according to US News 7 World Report.
- Yale University Law School: Along with consistently ranking amongst the best universities in the country (for good reason, by the way), Yale is also proudly the number one law school in the states. With only 607 students enrolled full-time and an acceptance rate of only 8.9%, the school is demanding and will cut you without a seconds notice.
- Stanford University Law School (tied for 2nd): There are a number of schools tied for 2nd place and Stanford definitely deserves to be amongst them. It enrolls only 577 full-time students and has an acceptance rate of only 9.1%. It’s also comparable in cost to Yale and in a much nicer climate.
- Harvard University Law School (tied for 2nd): Everyone knows about Harvard and it should come as no surprise that it is tied for the 2nd best law school in the country. It enrolls substantially more people (1,752) and has a higher acceptance rate of 15.4% but maintains the academic rigor and standards that Harvard is rightly known for.
- University of Chicago Law School (tied for 2nd): For those who know the school, it makes complete sense that the University of Chicago is included on this list and tied for 2nd place. The school is full of amazing programs and faculty and this extends to the law school. Enrolling only 604 students full-time and accepting only 18.4%, you can be confident that you’ll be amongst the best of the best.
- Columbia University Law School (tied for 2nd): Another school tied for 2nd place and another school that should surprise no one. Columbia has one of the best law schools in the country and it’s also located in New York City, allowing for easy access to some of the country’s most impressive legal firms and legal minds. With 1,170 full-time students and an acceptance rate of 18.9%, Columbia is going to continue creating fantastic lawyers for years to come.
While these are only 5 of the top law schools in the country, there are so many other amazing ones that weren’t mentioned. Read here for more!